Sofos Energy initiates the construction of a 182.85 kWp photovoltaic self-consumption system at Arenes Bellpuig
With this installation, the company will save an average of 24,000 euros per year, reaching 1 million euros of accumulated savings after 40 years of useful life of the system
Sofos Energy is building a photovoltaic self-consumption facility of 182.85 kWp (180 kWn) for the company Arenes Bellpuig, dedicated to the extraction, classification, treatment of sand and gravel and production of dry mortar, located in the town of Bellpuig (Lleida). The installation will be connected to the internal network and will be one of the largest self-consumption photovoltaic, both in the province of Lleida and in Catalonia. With this installation, the aggregates sector (manufacture of sand and gravel, cement and concrete) joins the numerous sectors that have already discovered in photovoltaic self-consumption an important source of complementary savings to their business.
It is an installation on roof, with an inclined part and another superimposed, composed of 690 Canadian Solar polycrystalline panels of 265 Wp each and 3 inverters SMA of 60 kW. The planned production exceeds 270,000 kWh per year, of which 87% will be consumed, while the remaining 13% will be sold to the network as surplus.
The initial investment of this installation is around 200,000 euros and the average annual saving is 24,000 euros, with a total of 1 million euros of accumulated savings in the estimated useful life of the installation, which is 40 years.
Photovoltaic solar energy for self-consumption is a viable solution to reduce the energy costs of companies. In this sense, Arenes Bellpuig emphasizes that this installation will help them to reduce the electricity bill and be more competitive, since it will generate almost 15% of the electricity they need to operate, at a much lower cost than that resulting from buying it to the network.
In addition, this installation will save 30,856.95 kg of CO2 per year, the equivalent of CO2 emissions from homes of 70 people or the equivalent of planting 1,142 trees.
In recent weeks, the industrial sector that has bet or is thinking of implementing photovoltaic self-consumption facilities can be comforted by the recent decision of the Energy Commission of the European Parliament, with the approval on November 28 of a series of amendments to the rules that regulate renewable energies in the European Union, thanks to which they release self-consumed electricity from all types of penalties and taxes, such as the “sun tax” currently in force in Spain.
In addition, from the Ministry of Industry, the Secretary of State for Energy, Daniel Navia, said on November 21, that the Government is open to eliminate administrative obstacles to self-consumption and the opening of collaboration spaces with the sectors involved and the consumers.
Sofos Energy is specialized in the realization of self-consumption photovoltaic installations for the industrial and business sector, and has more than 300 facilities carried out and more than 13 years of experience in this type of installations.